Friday, March 27, 2009

Let it snow, let it snow ...

(Picture taken in february)

It's snowing! Just as I was getting used to the idea of spring, it's again falling a lot of that white stuff outside. And, of course, when it snows, the traffic jams up...one should think that in this country the drivers know how to master a snowy road - but no. Actually, I'm quite pleased I don't even own a car! I don't have to worry about parking and other reckless drivers. I don't need to remove snow and ice from the car early in the morning when it's freezing outside... Today with all the traffic jams, walking is the best way to get around - and there's always the subway when I'm going a bit further away.

Deep down I know this is just winters way of saying goodbye. In a few days, most of this snow is gone again - and this time probably for good. Then we may enjoy spring again, and look forward to a season of warmer days and nights, leaving scarfs and mittens at home.







1 comment: